News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V. Kmetz

Did someone say Difficult Conditions?
« on: May 25, 2020, 11:39:01 PM »
I couldn't find the thread that last mentioned the "Most Difficult Conditions" but this wasn't so much difficult as joyous in its difficulty:

The 1995 Sno-Bird Member-Guest (usually played Dec 31) at Siwanoy.

This is the 1st hole; Eliot and Clyde (I'm not going to tell you which is the caddie and which is the member) I remember this particular round vividly as four bottles of wine, two bottles of champagne and many nips of cough syrup liqueurs were ingested (...and then we hit the second hole...). This was also the first day I REALLY encountered snow, not just a dusting, but blizzard like snow accumulating an inch an hour from the dark of the morning until and thru tee off at 11 am.  With such first-time conditions, it was also the day I learned the art of locating a shot landing in calve deep snow...if it goes too near footprints/where others have already tread, you have almost no chance, but if you can generally track its flight to fresh, untrod snow, it makes a distinct tubing entry mark, and they are almost easy to find.

"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back