News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Brzezowski

Golf Assn of Philly, architect series
« on: January 09, 2020, 02:05:52 PM »
For you guys and gals around Philly the GAP is holding a summer long " architect series". The first one to be featured will be none other than William Flynn, a local legend. 

The event is five rounds over five months at some of the areas finest Flynn courses. Cost is $1200 for five rounds, four lunches and a good dinner at Rolling Green to cap it off. Wayne Morrison will speak at the final event. There will also be some sort of tee gift at the start. Hopefully with proper support this will be an annual thing. Carts are included in the cost.

More info is available at www.gapgolf.org   It is limited to 100 golfers, sounds like a great idea.

Thanks
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mike_malone

Re: Golf Assn of Philly, architect series
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 04:53:05 PM »
AKA Mayday

Mark_Fine

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 05:24:51 PM »
Sounds like an easy way to get on those courses for those who have not played them. 
[/size]
[/size]I still would Iove to see a book come out on Flynn.  As noted here by others, Flynn is much deserving.  Wayne worked so hard on his book (I have a copy, it is great) but wish he or someone would reduce the 1200+ pages down to 200.  It would help Flynn and his work get much more widespread coverage like others have done with books on Ross, CB, Mackenzie,... 
[/size]
[/size]Hope they get a good turn out for this event.  Definite thumbs up!![/size]

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 07:29:28 AM »
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67678.0.html

Got to get to Eagles Mere.

Mike-Wait until the end of August and pair it up with a Little League World Series game in Williamsport about twenty miles away. Try finding it without a search party. ;)

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 09:27:42 AM »
Sounds like an easy way to get on those courses for those who have not played them. 

I still would Iove to see a book come out on Flynn.  As noted here by others, Flynn is much deserving.  Wayne worked so hard on his book (I have a copy, it is great) but wish he or someone would reduce the 1200+ pages down to 200.  It would help Flynn and his work get much more widespread coverage like others have done with books on Ross, CB, Mackenzie,... 

Hope they get a good turn out for this event.  Definite thumbs up!!

that is a great idea about slimming it down a touch.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back