News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie_Bell

Re: Bells Used on Blind Holes
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 11:20:59 AM »
Periscopes would make a good topic for another thread.

I fear that all of these charming devices will soon be considered obsolete because we'll be tracking everyone on the course via their phones.

Sean_A

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
Better than a bell (although I agree the bell at Pete Dye GC is a good one) is the course in the UK that uses an old submarine periscope on the first tee. I'd love for my course to have one of those!

The club recently spent some cash to create a pro-shop incorporating the periscope...very well done.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

john_stiles

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »

The 11th at Lookout Mountain is an Alps and has a bell at the green (no photo).

At Whitinsville the terrain along the 5th fairway is just enough to create a blind shot.  The other side has a bell, with a warning!

Doug Wright

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »
My first encounter with bells was as a young golfer at Blueberry Hill GC in rural northwest PA, a true hidden gem IMO. Both the first and 18th holes have bells in the fairway, and a couple other holes easily could have them as well. Needless to say, very good topography for this course, which was done by James Harrison and Ferdinand Garbin. $17 for 18 holes, $22 all day...
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Frank Pont

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2016, 01:41:19 PM »
Quite unique; De Pan hole 6 )Par 4) has two bells.

One for the tee shot which is blind (ring bell 3 times),  and one for the shot into the green which is blind (ring bell 1 time)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back