News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Way

Thank you very much for sharing all of this background, and your insights Tom.  These looks behind the scenes provided by you, and the other GCAs who take time out to share here, are priceless.
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Jim Franklin

Good stuff Jason and nice input Tom. Excellent thread.
Mr Hurricane

Peter Pallotta

Tom's last post here and years of reading this site came together last night in the creation of an "Architect's Assets List", i.e. in order of importance, the 10 things an architect needs to create wonderful courses and to be successful:

1. Connections to Wealthy Clients
2. Quality Sites
3. Several skilled and loyal Associates/Crew
4. Ego, Restrained
5. Good Timing
6. Media Savvy
7. Training/experience working with an Old, Crotchety Architect from the Past
8. An aesthetic and strategic framework/philosophy
9. Integrity
10. Talent

Please feel free to add to and/or rearrange this 'Architect's Assets List"; but of course, my top 10 is correct....

George Pazin

Rawls is one of my few brushes with greatness. Wish I could play there every day. Maybe I'll convince my son to go to TT and then go back to grad school then... :)

Thanks Jason.

That's my son's name, too. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back