News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

The course has been renovated over the past few years:

http://myphillygolf.com/detail.asp?id=14346&pid=20
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:23:26 AM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mike_malone

It is a true challenge to build interesting golf holes on uninteresting ground. The low holes at WVCC fall short, IMO. 16's blindness is a weakness . 17 tries to throw too many hazards at you to keep it a viable par 5. It would be better to be a tough 4. 8 and 11 are marvelous holes but the over all course has too many weaknesses for my taste.

It has some wonderful members who are probably annoyed with me but their class prevents them from fighting back.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:43:12 PM by mike_malone »
AKA Mayday

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tim_Weiman

Steve,

Thanks for bringing this forward. I played Whitemarsh many years ago and despite Mike Malone's comment above, really enjoyed the golf course. Perfect? No. But, it felt like it had it's own character and that is always a big plus in my book.
Tim Weiman

mike_malone

I recently played there and found the tree removal enhanced the visual quality of some of those low holes. The course was more pleasing than I experienced before.
AKA Mayday

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back