News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Foley

Re: Favourite modern hole with loads of water
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 02:14:47 PM »
AS someone who despises the H2O hazzard on the course - I'll throw in #5 @ PGA West Stadium - for some reason the two hazards work well and tacking your way around them is a viable option
Integrity in the moment of choice

Alex Lagowitz

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 02:33:20 PM »
I rather like central hazards on holes, eg bunkers akin to 2nd and 6th at Carnoustie, 16th at TOC etc, so I'm not adverse to an occasional water feature like this, totally manmade that it may be - the 18th hole on the Earth course in Dubai where they play the end of season European Tour event. Lots of options along the whole length of the hole.

I think there's a course on the US PGA tour where the 18th hole is pretty similar. Can't think of the courses name but I believe McIlroy/Fowler had a play-off on it a year or so ago.

atb

Are you thinking of the 18th at Quail Hollow?

Thomas Dai

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
Are you thinking of the 18th at Quail Hollow?

Yes Alex, that's the one, not exactly the same but fairly similar, and when I did a bit of searching herein, I found this thread started by Ron about the hole - http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,55561.0.html

I seem to recall that there's a longwise or semi-diagonal ditch hole at Muirfield Village as well? Maybe even more than one hole in fact.

atb

Greg Taylor

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »
At the risk of upsetting the locals on here but how about the 10th and 18th at the Belfry.

Say what we like regarding the rest of the course... But those two holes are huge fun to play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back