News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Split the fairway: 18 at Quail Hollow
« on: April 28, 2013, 12:35:16 PM »
What would a split fairway do to this hole? We'll see plenty of it this coming week at the Wells Fargo Championship

From media guide

Overhead shot

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Carl Johnson

Re: Split the fairway: 18 at Quail Hollow
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »
It would push left-side spectators further away from the right side. ;)  A related question.  The stream is entirely artificial -- a man-made water hazard.  So, in creating the hypothetical split fairway, it ought to be possible to consider moving the stream around?

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »
I have no idea the impact from the pro tees -- it really is a different course back there -- but suggested this a few years ago on here for the members' tees. Because of slope and angles, it's a bit easier to hit your tee shot over to the left but if you go left you face a harder second shot as you must carry the stream hard against the green. If you go right your second shot is easier but that means you've had to skirt the stream the length of the hole.

I suspect they haven't added a fairway out of "concern" the hole would be easier, but I don't know that.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

BCrosby

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:38:11 PM »
Mark -

I had a similar idea. Maybe move the stream to the right to tighten the LZ on that side; make the left fw very wide.

But as with any such change, you would want to tinker with the green and its surrounds to the give the strategic choices at the tee a bit more teeth.

Bob

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back