News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Buzminski

Oak Hill: Spectator Info.?
« on: July 27, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »
I will be heading to the PGA at Oak Hill for the first round with some golf buddies.   Anyone have any suggestions of good viewing areas/choice grandstands, or great holes that are a must see?   I am not familiar with the course to be honest.  Thanks!

Dan Herrmann

Re: Oak Hill: Spectator Info.?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »
Mark - send a message on GCA.com to John Lyon.

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »
I will be heading to the PGA at Oak Hill for the first round with some golf buddies.   Anyone have any suggestions of good viewing areas/choice grandstands, or great holes that are a must see?   I am not familiar with the course to be honest.  Thanks!

Mark-
I prefer the area around 10 green/11/12/13 tee. Lots to see in a short walk.

JNC Lyon

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »
Mark,

2, 3 and 12 is a good place to watch the action.  12 has an embankment behind the green that is great for spectator view that would be a good starting point.  From there, you can easily get over to 2 green, 3 (which is the best par three on the course) and 13 tee.  While the sight lines are not as good, 14 is a fun hole to watch, as it is a short par four that is well within driver distance.  I also like the outside of the dogleg on 18, where you can easily see tee shots, approach shots and putts.

As an aside, I will be around Oak Hill all of PGA week.  Anyone who wants to hang out or meet up at the tournament should send me a PM.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
I look forward to being there for the Williams event a few weeks afterwards.
Time to get the 3 wood and hybrids ready as they will get alot of work.I just pray for no rain and firm fast conditions, but NO then the rough becomes a bigger factor ???  so what I am really saying is.......
I am ready to get my arse spanked again by the toughest fair course in the world.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:55:09 PM by Michael Wharton-Palmer »

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 09:38:41 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back