News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Clayton

Re: 2012 Aussie Open
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
So long as Clive Palmer doesn't dig up the 9th green - as threatened - before the end of the tournament. It is sure to be a bizarre week at the PGA
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:32:34 PM by Mike_Clayton »

Jason Topp

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »
And whilst his swing doesn't look so pretty it is in no way technically deficient. Put it on the video and you will find he does an awful lot of things really well.

I looked at a couple of slow motion sequences and his swing looks very sound.  It is interesting because at full speed it looks odd. 

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
Allenby tweeted:
"For those who love to criticize me , I really don't care , your just jealous !!"

I was going to tell him it is you're not your just jealous, but I was scared he might think I'm jealous as well.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »
Not only that, Andrew, but it's 'envious' not 'jealous' -- unless Allenby was referring to our 'jealousy' of his relationship, which could have made for an interesting line of discussion.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Chris Kane

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »
Andrew, are you 'afended' that Allenby thinks you're jealous?

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »
Mike C.,
"So long as Clive Palmer doesn't dig up the 9th green - as threatened - before the end of the tournament. It is sure to be a bizarre week at the PGA."

Progress has been made in so far as our Clive has been persuaded to turn off the growling noise and the clacking of dinosaur jaws in deference to the professionals. Mere mortals will still be subject to such as we approach the green in the future ... the concentration of a Ben Hogan will be required whilst putting .... dinosaur? what dinosaur?

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Rich Goodale

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 05:52:44 AM »
I followed Tom Watson in his first round at Dornoch in 1981.  It was a 3-4 club wind (drive/3-wood to 430 yard 8th-he didn't make the 230 carry over the hill....), and his "secret" was his naturally compact swing.  As far as I could see, he changed nothing playing in such a wind other than to concentrate and keep doing better and simpler that which he would do in calmer conditions.  And, BTW, he was born and raised in Missouri, not Kansas as others have said.

BTW2.  Anybody else read the fact that both McIlroy and Els reneged on their long standing commitments to the Ozzie Open because the sponsors would not accede to their demands for a doubling of their appearance fees ($1mm to $2mm) due to each of them winning a major in the interim?  Very naughty boys, those two........ ::)
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 03:44:41 PM »
Rich,

I had not heard that about Ernie or McIlroy. There is no chance the tournament would have done anything but lose another $2 million if that had paid that extra cash. No one is worth $2m a week. These guys are just taking the piss.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back