News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt Gabellieri

Whitinsville Golf Club, MA
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:12:45 AM »
I apologize for the re-post, but I started this topic during the Crash of 2014.  I recently moved within 5 minutes of Whitinsville Golf Club.  From what I have read the course sounds great. It looks like there are multiple options off the tee and the greens look like a lot of fun.  I'm wondering if there really is a variety of ways to play each hole as I am considering a membership but I am a little nervous because it's only 9 holes. 

Tom_Doak

Re: Whitinsville Golf Club, MA
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:36:46 AM »
Matt:

I don't think I would ever get tired of playing Whitinsville.  I don't know why you would.  I doubt you are going to take different routes off the tees very often, but you wouldn't do that on very many other courses in America, either.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »
Matt, JOIN.

Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Jason Harrison

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
Matt,

Whitinsville is a great track but if you want 18 of great Ross holes rather than 9 I suggest looking at Worcester Country Club. Its about 20 minutes away. Unique history of holding the very first Ryder Cup, 1925 US Open(home of the "shot heard around the world") and 1960 Womens Open.

Neat green complexes, wide fairways, deep sod faced bunkers, etc. Has a pool etc for family fun while you are teeing it up.

Mark Steffey

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 08:13:46 AM »
er, WCC is on the north side of worcester, so he is probably looking at 30min on a regular basis.  now if that time isn't an issue i would suggest wannamoisett (40min south of him then) for outstanding ross golf.

but even 30 min each way is a big time commitment for driving to golf at your club if one has other things going on at home.

however the other options around are not that appealing for whatever reason (PV is 10min, but ehh?? / Franklin & Framingham are also both a half hour each way..)

if you are quite comfortable with a 9h course at your primary club where you will play a large % of your golf, WGC is a wonderful choice.  but the fact that Matt brings up the '9h' twice now as a thing to consider is out there....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back