News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Really Good Greens at Long Island National
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
I got the chance to play L.I. Nat last weekend and came away impressed with the greens.  There were mounds in the middle of some, canted slopes and tilts at others, and still other swales and hollows that made for a really fun round on the greens.  i got lucky on a few holes in that had I known what was out there, I never would have hit driver, but it was a great set of greens.  It also had great undulations in the fairways as well.  What do the rest of you think about the course?  I'll post some pics shortly...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:20:01 PM by Jay Flemma »
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

SteveOgulukian

Re: Really Good Greens at Long Island National
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »
I've always liked the course a lot but haven't been there in a few years since the conditions were deteriorating.  It is now under new ownership and I've heard it's gotten better. 

Were the conditions good?

Jay Flemma

Re: Really Good Greens at Long Island National
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »
A little soft in the fairways...it's not sandy soil...but the greens were in outstanding shape.  It was a fun day...tough in places and I'm not a huge fan of the water holes, but the greens are outstanding.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back