News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mac Plumart

Re: Will Pine Valley ever host a Major, Ryder Cup or President's Cup
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »
Pat, I think private clubs can do whatever they please.  I'm in full support of that.

And I'm not going to go down this path much further, but would the inverse be okay with you?  That is, can the husband of a member tee of anytime he wants?  (FYI, no need to answer).
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »

Pat, I think private clubs can do whatever they please.  I'm in full support of that.

And I'm not going to go down this path much further, but would the inverse be okay with you? 

Absolutely.

That is, can the husband of a member tee of anytime he wants?  (FYI, no need to answer).

Absolutely NOT.

You have to understand the relationship between prime tee times and the cost of membership.

There are only so many tee times between 7:00 am and 9:00 am. ( prime time)

If someone pays $ 100,000 initiation (olde days) and $ 25,000 in dues they expect/deserve the prime tee times.

If the cost to add their spouse is another $ 2,500 in dues, you can't expect the spouse paying $ 2,500  and no initiation fee to have the same privileges as the member paying $ 25,000 in dues and $ 100,000 in initiation.

As long at there's a difference in cost, those paying more (member) have to have prefered privileges versus those paying less (spouse), irrespective of their gender.

I think you'll find, that at many clubs, the opposition to female members came from the spouses of male members.
They, the spouses of male members, didn't want women members playing golf with their husbands, ergo, they nixed the arrangement.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
I'm with you, Pat. 
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

archie_struthers

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 07:13:31 AM »
 8) 8) 8)

No, I really don't think they will.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
Joe Logan wrote about this very topic in Global Golf Post:

http://digital.globalgolfpost.com/philly/20120723#pg10
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 07:14:13 AM »
So, is there a course that would come close to providing the test and spectacle that Pine Valley would(now that everyone says it won't happen) ??
@theflatsticker

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back