News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave Falkner

Goat Hill
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:55:41 PM »
Here is a nice article about a fun little 9 holer.  I believe it is on of our members local favorites.  I played it a few times on my honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

It is what golf "should" be in many respects

http://www.newsday.com/news/health/players-go-golfing-at-goat-hill-1.3759030

David Harshbarger

Re: Goat Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
Dave, looks like a blast, and the dress code suits my style....cargo pants? Check.  Hat bill turned back? Check. Collared shirt? Wanh?
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

jeffwarne

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 12:03:27 AM »
"Goat by boat" trips have kept me away from most of the east end GCA faves the last few years.
Now if I was just a little better at boat navigation in the dark.......
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:33:25 AM »
There is another Goat Hill in southern California, just north of San Diego.  And that's its real name.  Several prominent people in the golf industry based in Carlsbad play it as their home course.

Jim Colton

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 09:55:14 AM »
There is another Goat Hill in southern California, just north of San Diego.  And that's its real name.  Several prominent people in the golf industry based in Carlsbad play it as their home course.

Yes! Tom, your friend John Ashworth is going to do his Hundred Hole Hike event at Goat Hill. I believe the course is aptly named.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back