News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

Palo Alto Golf Course "Reconfiguration"
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:56:18 PM »
Happily (I think), yet another major renovation is in the pipeline in Northern California. The levee bordering holes 12-15 of Palo Alto Golf Course is being realigned necessitating a "reconfiguration" of the golf course, with Forrest Richardson doing the work.

This seems to have been in the works for a few months although I haven't seen or heard anything about it until just now.

Currently whatever committee is in charge of such things is working on four different potential reconfigurations, from relatively modest changes to 6.5 holes to an entirely new golf course on the same site. You can go to http://www.cityofpaloalto.org/depts/csd/activities_and_recreation/attractions/golf.asp and click on "Golf Course Design Concepts" and "New Attachment G" to see the potential plans.

This will be nice; Palo Alto is a pleasant layout, not particularly special, and in a flat, low area that stays pretty damp much of the time. Hopefully whatever happens will bring a bit of new life to the course.

Forrest?  ;D

Bill_McBride

Re: Palo Alto Golf Course "Reconfiguration"
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:20:21 PM »
There was a thread on this a while back, with a shrill response from the Peacock Gap haters (I personally loved those crazy greens).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back