News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Chris_Hufnagel

Re: GCA Online Book Club - Anyone interested?
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 09:18:56 AM »
I woke up at my usual time his morning - 4.45a and instead of rolling back over I took my copy of the book off my shelf, made a cup of coffee, and sat in my office reading the first assignment before my four year old came bounding down the stairs at 6.30a - a pretty great start to a beautiful Saturday...

Thanks again Joe for getting this going...

Ed Oden

Re: GCA Online Book Club - Anyone interested?
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 11:05:40 AM »
Joe, nice idea.  I look forward to the discussion.  FYI, I checked the electronic version against my hard copy of Thomas' book and all of the pages are there, with one exception.  At the very end of the book there is a foldout entitled "Eighteen Hole Course of One-Shot Holes."  While you can see the edge of the foldout after page 342 in the e-book, whoever scanned it in forgot to open that page up.  I will be happy to post the foldout when the discussion gets there.  As Tom Doak mentions, the blank pages that folks are seeing in the electronic version are also in the hard copy.  In both cases they are the back side of photos and there is nothing on them. 

RSLivingston_III

Re: GCA Online Book Club - Anyone interested? New
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
Try Classics of Golf they offer reprints of most all of the important books, and you might as well get 'the links' as it should be the next one up for review, or at least it should be.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:14:02 PM by RSLivingston_III »
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back