News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Would your dream life
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:52:01 AM »
   include owning/designing your own course?

Mac Plumart

Re: Would your dream life
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »
Probably not.

Unless it is a really rustic course 9 holes, 12 holes, 6 holes something like that on some land I own that I tinker with.

Seriously, "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Steve Kline

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »
Mine my not even include golf.  :o

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
Ha, ha - good one, Steve.

Antony - probably not.  It's nice to have someone to thank, so I'd be happier playing a wonderful course someone else designed and being grateful to them than designing a crappy course myself and patting no one but myself on the back.

Peter

Jud_T

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
Probably wouldn't mind owning my own if money was no object but I wouldn't presume to design it on my own.  We've seen too many results of rich guys who know just enough to be dangerous mucking things up.  Better to bring in one of GCA's favored sons, crack open a couple bottles from the cellar, walk the land and see what mischief we can get into....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

George Pazin

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
Mine would. That's the whole reason I started learning about architecture and posting on here.

Now, if I had a tremendous site, I wouldn't waste it by hiring myself (though Mike and Don would get tired of me asking questions endlessly), but if I had a small farm or something like that, I'd be designing my own short course.

Good thing I don't have the money, my son isn't old enough to mow it yet.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back