News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Bausch

Re: Tell Me About Trump National Philadelphia
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »
What would be a good value course in the area to play in June?

Sam, I'm fine with Scotland Run.

There just isn't good value anywhere in our area, IMO, early on a weekend.  Perhaps the closest is 39 bucks to walk Pitman (a neat, but short in places, Findlay design).
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Ted Kramer

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
I used to be a member under the old ownership.
And just for full disclosure:
I left the club because I was treated so incredibly poorly on one occasion by some new "manager" that I resigned my membership that very day. . . .

With that being said, I always thought the golf course was very good. I don't think it is amongst the very best I've ever played, but it is a very good golf course. The routing could be better, and that is probably my biggest "complaint". There are a few holes out there that I think are truly exceptional . . . All in all, a very good golf course.

I was very happy to hear that Mr. Trump bought the course. There were a bunch of great members when I was there who deserved better than what the old management was giving them. And while I don't know anything first hand, from what I hear, the club is light years better now than it was when I was there.

Hope you enjoy your day out there . . .

Best,
Ted

Michael Blake

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
Sam,

Not much value around during the 'summer rates' season.

I would go play Twisted Dune, designed by our own GCA'er Archie Struthers.

http://www.twisteddune.com/

It's a whole lot of fun, and not too far from Medford (I think you mentioned you were staying there.)

Sam Morrow

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 11:14:18 PM »
Have any of you played Hanover or Golden Pheasant? I am playing Friday morning with a cousin who doesn't want to pay very much and he mentioned these two? Or any other well priced courses within a half hour of Medford Lakes.

Sam

mike_malone

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 09:04:37 AM »
 I think Westwood is a blast at a very good price. It sits on the same kind of undulating land that PVGC has to its north. It has some quirk.
AKA Mayday

Sam Morrow

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
I think Westwood is a blast at a very good price. It sits on the same kind of undulating land that PVGC has to its north. It has some quirk.

Thanks Mike!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back