News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dustin Knight

GCA BOOMERANG, BREAKING NEWS!! New
« on: February 20, 2011, 06:24:15 AM »
It is with great pleasure that as of this minute I can confirm our guest speaker/s for Friday evening of the Boomerang event will be Barbougle/Lost Farm superintendent Phil Hill accompanied by none other than Richard Sattler. Phil has been heavily involved in both the creation and day to day maintainence of both Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm since the initial planning stages. Throughout this time he has and continues to work closely with Tom Doak, Mike Clayton and Bill Coore on achieving and preserving the architects intended ideals for both properties. Mr Richard Sattler obviously needs no introduction for those of you attending the event. It will certainly be an evening to remember for all who are attending. I'm sure everyone will join me thanking in advance these two gentlemen for offering to share both their time/knowledge and career experiences with such a knowledgable GCA crowd. Upon invitation they were both very aware of the GCA.COM community who discuss and debate golf course architecture throughout the world, which makes this site such a wonderful destination for everyone involved.

I look forward to meeting you all and making many new friends during this amazing event, which without the tireless efforts and organisation of Scott Warren would certainly never have become a reality! I think we all owe Scott a very big thank you for putting his hand up to organise the inaugural GCA BOOMERANG! hip hip hooray!!!!

Cheers,
Dustin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:09:33 PM by Dustin Knight »
Lost Farm........ WOW!

Michael Whitaker

Re: GCA BOOMERANG, BREAKING NEWS!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »
Dustin - Thank you for this info. Looking forward to meeting Phil & Richard and learning more about the Barnbougle phenomenon.

Here is an outstanding look at the beginning of Barnbougle that aired on The Wandering Golfer TV show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK6wamAiFrs

It proves that dreams can come true!

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back