News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Saltzman

Jeff, $50-60. What do you think?

jeffwarne

maybe, public competition around is $24-28,.
depends entirely on what people would pay for conditioning
I think you're right though and perhaps even slightly higher with proximity to Orlando (not that far from Southern Dunes)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Greg Tallman

I think you're right though and perhaps even slightly higher with proximity to Orlando (not that far from Southern Dunes)

Southern Dunes rates are as high as $120. I would think ML could get at or near the premium rate in the area though perhaps the masses would not appreciate the course as most us do/would.

jeffwarne

Southern Dunes rates are as high as $120. I would think ML could get at or near the premium rate in the area though perhaps the masses would not appreciate the course as most us do/would.

Southern Dunes has wow factor, and is closer to Orlando,making it within reach of resorters.

Mountain Lake IMHO is a much better course, but many courses in that area of similar era/vintage can be played for a song.
For the masses, or someone wintering in lake wales, I'm not sure $120 even computes when Lekarica can be had for $100 less EACH round.

I'd like to think it would command MORE than Southern Dunes, but history has not been real kind to subtlety, though it's making a comeback ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:40:47 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Dean Stokes

The Florida State Mid Am Championship is there later this year.....seems like an opportune time to see this good looking golf course.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Paul Jones

I played Mountain Lake today and wore my LSU hat in honor of Tiger. That is a special place.

Praying for you Tiger !!!!
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Joe Bausch

I just took the time to tune-up this photo tour (fixed the broken URLs and massaged some of the photos to be better).  If you are new/newer to the site, you'll enjoy this photo tour.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Mike Sweeney

I just took the time to tune-up this photo tour (fixed the broken URLs and massaged some of the photos to be better).  If you are new/newer to the site, you'll enjoy this photo tour.

From memory, this time of year was the best conditioning and the grass had a purplish-hue to it and the greens were just settling into winter mode.

I have moved on to others on the underrated Florida Historic Golf Trail - [size=78%]http://floridahistoricgolftrail.com/courses/[/size]

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back