News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will MacEwen

Re: Sagebrush Golf and Sporting Club - GCA Outing
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »
John, I believe Chambers plays wider, has better angles to play and greens are more interesting. Not to mention it is much inducive to bump & roll play. With the bent grass greens, Sagebrush has much more difference in speed between the green and the fairway which make B&R more difficult.

I think there are a lot more strategy in play at Chambers.

I've only played each course once, but I prefer Sagebrush.

In fairness, I played CB in the spring (still pretty firm), and I was sick and running on 3 hours sleep, watching Rich Choi fly it past me.  I played Sagebrush on a perfect day last summer.

I thought Sagebrush was very receptive to the ground game.  I liked the greens better, and just preferred the mix of holes.  Chambers is a good course and a great test.  I'd say Sagebrush is a great course and great fun. I don't recall a real difference in width on the two courses, but who can say off one play.  Two more rounds on each course would round out my perspective.  Chambers was kind of a grind, it may have just been a bad day for me.

If I wasn't marooned on an island and dependent on ferries, Sagebrush would be on my radar.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
Garland,
Views (37 lots) will be better at Sagebrush. As much as walking is vaunted, cart ball means 36-54 holes if you're not a slow driver 8).
I probably "like" Wine Valley in the ammunition category. It is a one ball course. Call me reload.

The only thing that would keep me from walking 54 holes at Wine Valley is age and condition (osteoarthritis). I am very confident I could do 36. I walked 18 at Indian Canyon and 18 at Palouse Ridge the same day last August.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
Ryan,

How did you put the turbocharger on your cart? Mine had a governor that kept me at an old man's pace.

Bob,

It was wonderful. Bob kept saying how it was so much better than Desert Canyon today.

Garland,

Have you been to Desert Canyon? Its amazing to see how similar the surroundings look. Kind of eerie, actually...

Sean,

I don't think the environs of Desert Canyon and Sagebrush are all that much alike. However, the Jawbone Creek CC team felt the environs of Sagebrush were almost exactly what we were used to in our neck of the woods. Just a bit steeper is all.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
Rich - CB does present pretty straightforward up and downs on many holes because of the side and back boards - Does SB do the same thing?

CB has plenty of slopes that can get you close by playing away from the hole. My buddy, who although was at one time the equal of me at golf, hasn't played much in recent times and very often accidentally found such slopes.

Sean Leary

« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
Ryan,

How did you put the turbocharger on your cart? Mine had a governor that kept me at an old man's pace.

Bob,

It was wonderful. Bob kept saying how it was so much better than Desert Canyon today.

Garland,

Have you been to Desert Canyon? Its amazing to see how similar the surroundings look. Kind of eerie, actually...

Sean,

I don't think the environs of Desert Canyon and Sagebrush are all that much alike. However, the Jawbone Creek CC team felt the environs of Sagebrush were almost exactly what we were used to in our neck of the woods. Just a bit steeper is all.

Really? The topography and vistas of the lake are identical. If you dropped me on the second green at Sagebrush, I would have bet a million dollars I was at Desert Canyon. DC is nowhere near as good of a course, though.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »
What you talking about Leary? There's no lake at DC!

Topography yes. Surrounding natural vegetation no. That's what I'm talking about.

Sean Leary

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2010, 05:11:25 PM »
Garland,

Lake Entiat. You know, the one you drive a half hour along before you turn into DC?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
No Sean, that's the Columbia River.  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back