News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

Re: Will The European PGA Rethink Their
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »
It doesn't seem that long ago when England didn't have any players in the top 100 and now look at them. I think these things go in cycles and I'm sure there will be some good young Scottish golfers along soon enough.

Niall

Sean_A

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
Sean,

Where in Europe would early October be the optimum time to play golf from a good stable weather, and condition of courses, point of view ?

Genuine question as I'm not sure I know an answer.

Niall

Niall

I don't know that anywhere in Europe has "good stable weather" in October, but the odds are much higher in the Med countries.  However, that isn't really the right question.  The right question is which courses can handle the potentially bad weather in October?   

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 03:50:42 PM »
Sean,

Where in Europe would early October be the optimum time to play golf from a good stable weather, and condition of courses, point of view ?

Niall
Spain, Costa del Sol
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

JohnV

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
Sean,

Niall

Dubai.  Oh wait, that isn't Europe, it is just where the European Tour plays its most important tournament. ;)

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »
last week in Wales was wonderful weather, so the choice of Celtic Manor was not really that bad...as far as time of year is concerned.
 Certainly Gleneagles offers the very same chances of poor weather...perhaps Finchem needs to give a little.
After all what would people rather watch the farce that is the fedex playoffs with three of the yeras major winners not even involved or the Ryder Cup?

Jud_T

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »
They'd rather you watch both and be able to sell add time twice....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back