News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Re: Doak and Devries to talk at St. Andrews
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »
Over the years I have expressed my passion for golf course architecture to my parents a hundred times over.  Tonight my Mom drove over an hour to Beulah MI to listen to two men, who she has no doubt heard me bring up many times, discuss GCA to a uniformed crowd at a small church.  I'm not even sure how she found out about the event; I was shocked when I heard she attended.  She thoroughly enjoyed the discussion, enough to have jotted down some notes that she would later share with me over the phone on her way home.  In addition, she got to meet Tom, Mike, and Double Barky Sparky (aka JC Jones), enabling her to finally put a few faces to names and stories.  She now wholeheartedly wants me to buy a piece of land that will one day house a great golf course...

This is one proud son!

Sounds like it was a great conversation; wish I could have attended.

What an absolutely cool Mom!!!! 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Adam Clayman

Re: Doak and Devries to talk at St. Andrews
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »
Thanx for the replies.

I'm still curious as to content. How does one introduce the subject to those less fortunate than us? Or as the song goes..."Where does one begin.."

BTW, I like my setting very much. What's even better is the proximity of the real deal.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back