News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Jones

Chipping Greens
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »
My course is closed on Mondays; however, you can still use the putting and chipping green.  When I arrive today, I noticed a few changes: Please Rake Bunker signs around the bunkers of the chipping green and mowed area where you can hit 50 - 60 yard shots to the green.  This made me think about a few questions...

Do you rake the bunker after you use chipping green?

Should you be able to practice 50 yard shots to a chipping green?

I never really raked the bunker around the chipping geen after I was done.  I always just raked the spot where I wanted to practice inside the bunker - now I feel bad.

I really liked being able to practice those 50 yard shots; however, I did almost shank one and it landed where others usually practice there chipping :-(
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

K. Krahenbuhl

Re: Chipping Greens
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:42:38 PM »
We took the practice bunker out at my club, but the practice center I go to down the street has a couple of bunkers to use.  I've always raked them...maybe out of habit, but also because I think it is courteous.

Mike McGuire

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »
Signs are a bad sign :)  Hide them in the bag room after you rake the bunker

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »
I think a long range pitching green in that same area is a bit much. That is kind of dangerous. Ideally, you'd have something like a chipping/putting area and a practice bunker (with rakes) on the far end of the practice/chipping green that points away from where people typically practice. And have a different pitching green to avoid danger. At the PGA Learning Center, obviously not a 'normal' practice area, they have 3 putting greens, a fairly large chipping green and a specified pitching green. They also have practice bunkers (they have 8 with all different kinds of sand, not practical for most to be sure) with specified sand shot greens. But if I were to build a golf course/club from scratch, I would put a lot of detail into the practice area.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 12:04:40 AM »
Paul did you stop at the swings?

Scott Stearns

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »
do you mean to tell me more than one person at your club uses the practice bunker in one day?  rarely true for our course, and i just swipe at it with a foot if they do.

i love short game areas--nobody uses them except good players and me...

Mark McKeever

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »
Even in practice areas, I still rake the bunkers.  Just habit I guess.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back