News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

Re: MELVYN!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »
Perhaps the comment concerning "Melvyn having a stroke" was in the same spirit as Melvyn discussing Pat Craig's wife???

Maybe, just maybe.  Could be....

Or perhaps it was simply in horrible taste... which seems to be a trend with you Mr. Dugger.

Tim Martin

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »
Tiger does nothing on the golf course... behavior wise...that the VAST majority of everyday golfers don't do. He does nothing that the vast majority of competitive athletes don't do when they strike out, miss a field goal or drop a pass, spin out on a curve...

Oh but golf is different.....ha!

Craig-The word vast implies almost everyone. There are plenty of players in professional sports that don`t over react, curse and embarrass themselves and their teams. It sounds like you want to give Tiger a pass for his on course behavior. This is not an isolated issue. It happens over and over again and it is not becoming or good for the sport.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2010, 05:18:37 PM »
Perhaps the comment concerning "Melvyn having a stroke" was in the same spirit as Melvyn discussing Pat Craig's wife???

Maybe, just maybe.  Could be....

Or perhaps it was simply in horrible taste... which seems to be a trend with you Mr. Dugger.

Whatever, dude.  

I am quite confident the comment was made with a joking intent.  Akin to "don't have a coronary."

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:20:21 PM by Michael Dugger »
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
Ummm, I think I may have gone to the wrong site. Is this GCA or did I end up on Bomb squad??
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2010, 02:52:31 AM »
It fails me how anyone could see Mr Egan's words as humour. There are boundaries and sadly occasionally on this board they are crossed.
Cave Nil Vino

TEPaul

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »
Perhaps I'm wrong because I really don't read or much participate on threads that involve Melyvn anymore but it seems like every single one of them deginerates in exactly the same way this one has once they hit about page 2. Why is that?

George Pazin

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »

Is this the real face of GCA.com making a statement like "I really hope Tiger wins this tournament by 20 shot and, in response, Melvyn has a stroke".

What hope is there when sites like this allows people like David Egan to join. Sir you are one sick guy, clearly you just do not understand life let alone golf.

Gentlemen I give you David Egan, looks like he will settle in well with many others here - George is this what you mean and he must be next inline to get to know.

Melvyn

The bright side of David's comment is that it makes you like more reasonable by comparison.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

TEPaul

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:13 AM »
That one is very apropos, George. In most every thread Melvyn is involved in he mentions some variation of the remark above----eg  if remarks like that (Egan's) are the real face of GCA. However, it seems like remarks like Egan's only happen constantly on the threads Melvyn is involved in. I guess this is something of a------what comes first the chicken or the egg kind of thing. ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:02:16 AM by TEPaul »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »

I would enjoy a fish bar with Melvyn. He would be great company.

Anthony

George Pazin

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 10:18:34 AM »
That one is very apropos, George. In most every thread Melvyn is involved in he mentions some variation of the remark above----eg  if remarks like that (Egan's) are the real face of GCA. However, it seems like remarks like Egan's only happen constantly on the threads Melvyn is involved in. I guess this is something of a------what comes first the chicken or the egg kind of thing. ;)

Terrific observation - should be telling us all something!

I've often wondered how many people on here really want discussion. Seems far more simply want uniform and universal agreements with their own views.

Ain't gonna happen, folks.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Craig Sweet

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
Tim Martin...the word " vast" implies all of us....I do not believe I have ever played in a foursome where someone did not utter the F word or a "shit" when they hit a bad shot....I am at the golf course nearly everyday and I see old duffers and young ones, and hardly a day goes by that I do not see a club slammed to the turf...

I watch a fair amount of sports on TV and I see baseball players mutter to themselves as they walk back to the dugout after striking out. I see plenty of F bombs being dropped. I bet if they had a mike as close to these guys as they do Tiger, you would never watch another baseball game with your kids...
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back