News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Geoffrey_Walsh

Anyone played the new course at Jay Peak (VT)
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
Has anyone played the full 18 holes at Jay Peak Resort in Jay, VT?  Who designed it?  Worth the trip if you were in the area?

http://www.jaypeakresort.com/#/golf_summer/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:02:28 PM by Geoffrey_Walsh »

Brad Tufts

Re: Anyone played the new course at Jay Peak (VT)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:59:18 AM »
Graham Cooke.  I am curious as well to its quality.  The website used to have the course map up that made it look decent.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Geoffrey_Walsh

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
Brad,

Here's a slide show that I finally found with a few pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaypeak/tags/golf/show/

The Jay Peak Resort website is awful for golf information right now.  From what I see in the pictures it does look interesting.  The elevation change is not extreme at all, unlike Sugarloaf and Sunday River.

Your thoughts?

Brad Tufts

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:07:34 PM »
Hey Geoff,

Those pics make it look like your standard New England mountain layout on the professionally-designed, good conditioned level.

I think it's definately worth a shot.  I had a time there last year in the afternoon after a morning round at Stowe Mountain Club, but I decided that I didn't want two potentially-wacky mountain courses in one day, so I went to Bretton Woods and played a known commodity that I hadn't seen since the Silva re-do.

I envision JPeak taking its place among Green Mtn. National and Okemo among VT mountain layouts, but I have to see it first.

One of the few places I have skied and not played golf...Jay is a GRRRREAT ski mountain, easily the best in New England!

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:30:45 PM »
Hey Geoff,

Those pics make it look like your standard New England mountain layout on the professionally-designed, good conditioned level.

I think it's definately worth a shot.  I had a time there last year in the afternoon after a morning round at Stowe Mountain Club, but I decided that I didn't want two potentially-wacky mountain courses in one day, so I went to Bretton Woods and played a known commodity that I hadn't seen since the Silva re-do.

I envision JPeak taking its place among Green Mtn. National and Okemo among VT mountain layouts, but I have to see it first.

One of the few places I have skied and not played golf...Jay is a GRRRREAT ski mountain, easily the best in New England!

It is a nice layout.  I have played quite a few of the Vermont layouts.  Killington, Sugarbush, Woodstock, Stowe, and Jay.  They are all highly playable and enjoyable, wouldmake for a great week out for anyone.

And skiing wise, never  have had a bad day at Jay.  When conditions are bad elsewhere, you can normally count on Jay to have some great powder. 

Brad Tufts

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
You really can't go too wrong in the VT mountains...on the worst of day you still have the smells and sounds of the forest.

I have played Sugarbush, and I wouldn't send anyone there.  I think Killington shades towards this level of quality, but I dunno b/c I haven't played it.

Woodstock is in a different category b/c it plays through a tight river valley, but it is enjoyable, albeit very short and RTJ-modern.  I believe Stowe (the older one) is roughly the same, shortish and located in the valley below the ski mountain.

I would put Green Mountain National and Okemo among the top mountain courses in VT easily.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back