News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Chapman

Say it ain't so, Wild Horse
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:35:53 PM »
Just got this e-mail....

Road Closing and Opening
Today is Monday August 3, 2009.  Tonight the road will be open coming from both Hwy 47 and from the west .

Starting Tuesday August 4th the road will be closed coming from the east off of Hwy 47.  You must travel east out of Gothenburg on Hwy 30 to Road 409 and then go 1 mile north to road 768, turn east onto road 768 and travel 1 mile to the clubhouse entrance.

Thank-you and sorry for the inconvenience.

---------

I can't help but think they may be paving the road to Wild Horse.  ??? Surely not, it's one of the great entrance roads in golf. This would be right up there with taking the trees down on Magnolia Lane. Somebody confirm this isn't happening.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Say it ain't so, Wild Horse
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
Tony,

Relax, it's just the road and not the golf course.

If Wild Horse wasn't so terrific you wouldn't need a decent road to accomodate the traffic.

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »
Pat -- I know the golf course isn't closing. I just hope they aren't trading the gravel for asphault. In my opinion that would stink. It wouldn't effect my feelings about the place, I just think the gravel has a certain amount of "Nebraska charm" to it.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »
Tony, Pat is right, it is only the county road along the north boundary of the Wild Horse GC.  But, the enterance road "may" get paved as well due to dust and ruts that cost them alot to continuously grade.  The County got some stim money for the county road that is washboard nearly all the time.  The real controversy is that in NE, they don't apparently pave or bring road into private subdivisions and the residents home owners are in a bit of a long term debate about absorbing the cost of doing paved road all the way into all the homes.  It would be nice if they could get some stim for that too.  

The road to the club house is rustic and charming and all, but on one hand it keeps people from speeding by the foot-cart crossing from 1-2, but at the same time it is a real dust and rut nuasance.  

Don't scare me like that with such a headline.  I thought I was going to read that they are bringing in (insert your favorite archie to bash here for a remodel or something!  ::) :o :P
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »
Tony, I highly doubt they will also pave 409. So, you can always access it by going farther west on 30 for the mile, and getting the gravel road experience. Now if the entrance road passed the bridge is being paved, you'll just have to buckle up.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Mike Bowline

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 09:11:10 PM »
Tony, thanks for the heads-up. I will be driving west on I-80 Wed and I hope to stop and get in a quick 18.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back