News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Fleischer

Grossingers golf club liberty ny ,best state list ?
« on: April 04, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »
Seeing all the talk about best in state especially NY I was wondering if anyone has played Grossingers. I have not gotten up there in two summers but for some reason I always enjoyed the layout and it just fits my eye really well. How do some of you in the upstate reaches view this layout ? I am curious if any of you think it's a layout worthy of being on the list . Me personally I like it better than the turning stone courses. If not the state list do you think it would make a best public ny list ? I think it would have a better chance of making that list but hey what do I know that's why I'm gona ask all of you !  ;)

Brad

ps
I know I know turning stone but hey It's on the LIST  lol

Ronald Montesano

Re: Grossingers golf club liberty ny ,best state list ?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »
I have played Grossingers within the last decade, although not within the last two years.  I liked Grossingers much more than Concord Monster.  I felt it was a fair course.  We played it on a cold day.  I don't know if I'd rank it in the top 15 in the state, but it is definitely a course worth playing.  Architect?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »
Ronald,
Joe Finger. The "Big G" is more 'interesting' than "The Monster" but not as bold. NYS has so many courses I couldn't rate Big G, but I think it has a few quirks and tee shots that would not be seen as the best in the state.

I usually play it and the monster once a season, and always enjoy both of them both.
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Matt_Ward

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:10:38 PM »
Brad:

On its best day - Grossingers would not sniff the top 30 overall in NY in my mind.

The bar for golf in The Empire State is that high for good reason.

For a best public list it has a shot though.

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »
Matt- I do agree but considering the "list" I'd figure I would throw it out there. By no means would I think top 15. You do bring up the public list however. That thought I find interesting. I will say out loud I think it's better than what is at turning stone . I made the long drive there and was more than a little dissappointed.

Jim- Quirks ? Can you elaborate , I'm curious. I want to see if your quirks are what I call fun. The tee shot at ten perhaps or the par 5 tee shot on 14 I beleive ? I do agree with you I always enjoy it and it seems it gets no love at all. Good to know you play it every year. We used to but last two years we didn't get up there. Are the conditions still kept pretty good ?

Ron- I have played it in the cold as well but it's much more fun in nice weather or just when the colors change if you get a nice temperate day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back