News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Brody Nineeite
« on: November 07, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »
Does anyone know of this guy:

He shot 32 over par for the two rounds he played at the WGC Hsbc Championship at Seshan Internation Golf Club in Shanghai. He was disqualified when finished.

Bob

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Brody Nineeite
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 04:38:50 PM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

David_Tepper

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:42:29 PM by David_Tepper »

Chris DeToro

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:42:53 PM »

Paul Gray

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 05:22:19 PM »
Had he made the cut before the DQ?  ;D
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

David_Elvins

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »
How did he qualify for a WGC Event?

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=16007

Not sure but he finished top 3 or top 4 on the Australian tour order of merit last year and that qualifies golfers for a fair few things.

EDIT: Its all here, categories 11 and 12.  https://www.hsbcgolf.com/who-is-qualifying/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:24:46 PM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Michael Goldstein

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »
I'd actually seen that episode before in the final round of the New Zealand Open this year.
The Australasian Tour has some great players so it's a shame to see it represented like this.
I was at the event this week and this was on the cards. 
@Pure_Golf

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »
Bob

I played with him about 5 years ago and he played idiotic golf - the way kids often play with modern equipment. They hit 5 great drives and 5 off the charts.  He would hit more wides in a round than Simon Hobday would hit in a decade!
He improved though and nearly won the Perth International last summer at Karrinyup. He played ok there a few weeks ago as well.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »
Bob

I played with him about 5 years ago and he played idiotic golf - the way kids often play with modern equipment. They hit 5 great drives and 5 off the charts.  He would hit more wides in a round than Simon Hobday would hit in a decade!
He improved though and nearly won the Perth International last summer at Karrinyup. He played ok there a few weeks ago as well.

Mike,

When you mentioned my old friend Simon Hobday, I was wondering if you give us one of his really nutty acts when on the European Tour?

Bob

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 04:05:08 AM »
Bob

Simon was finished playing playing in Europe by the time I got there in 1982 Harold Henning was still playing which was nice.
One of the better Hobday stories was when he wore the wide brimmed straw hat with David Frost's name across the top.
No one could work out why until he 3 putted, threw the hat to the ground, looked heavenward announced, 'I knew it wouldn't take you long to work out it wasn't Frost under here'

JMEvensky

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 07:31:19 AM »
Bob

Simon was finished playing playing in Europe by the time I got there in 1982 Harold Henning was still playing which was nice.
One of the better Hobday stories was when he wore the wide brimmed straw hat with David Frost's name across the top.
No one could work out why until he 3 putted, threw the hat to the ground, looked heavenward announced, 'I knew it wouldn't take you long to work out it wasn't Frost under here'

More,more.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »
JV,

I played with Simon when I went back to Rhodesia for ten months in 1972. I think that Mike will confirm that he was a great ball striker and a character.

I am not sure if this was true or apocryphal but it was alleged he was told that he needed a jacket to dine in some dumpy restaurant
 in Europe. He arrived wearing a jacket as well as the skimpiest shorts ever seen.

Bob
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:26:36 AM by Bob_Huntley »

Chris Kane

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
Magic!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back