News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

The Christmas Present for all Golfers (those that like toys)
« on: December 20, 2008, 09:56:41 AM »
The Christmas Present for all Golfers

I have the pleasure of introducing you to two Distance Aids that come some way to getting my approval. However I would still like to keep them off course as I believe that many/will have that feeling of being lost at sea until golfers fully understand their workings. 

Both Models are Environmental Friendly (no batteries needed) Distance Aids.

One is a fully mobile unit and to those with the keen sense of a long term investment may wish to spend a little more and go for the Brass finish model. The other is a fixed model but we are looking into an added extra to have them cart mounting for the likes of Tommy N (caught recently sitting on a cart). Again we can offer the brass option for those canny guys with an eye on future investment (or when we have power cuts thanks to the current global problems - forget they need to use the Sun).

The fist model to be unveiled is the Portable Hand Held model – this has not as yet been fully approved by those in charge*

The Environmental Friendly Hand Held Distance Aid Apparatus (excluding packing case or brass options)

The Fixed Distance Aid Apparatus (excluding brass & cart mounting options)

*The Powers that be & the course administrators have not given their blessing due to concerns that Distance Aids MAY NOT SPEED UP the average round and may in fact prove to add a minimal of 1 to 2 hours to the current times. The Upside of this for the club is that the golfer gets to spend more time on a course playing just one round instead of two thus saving wear and tear on the course. They are the state of the art, must have golfing accessory, something to make all Distance Worshippers proud to show their reliance on outside aids.

PS Well if I can’t get them banned I might as well make some money out of them – that’s the Scottish blood in me thinking how to turn a weak habit craved by others into a good profit for me.

PPS Looking for US Agents. Applicants need only apply with a placement of £1,000 per application.

Merry Christmas (well you will make mine if I find one agent)

Melvyn 

BCrosby

Re: The Christmas Present for all Golfers (those that like toys)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
Melvyn -

Wonderful, enterprising idea. There'll be no problems with a ocean swells making fixes difficult. And on cloudy days when you can't take readings, unlike a sailor at sea, you simply elect not to play golf. The elegance of the whole thing is stupefying.

But aren't you going to have longitude problems without a proper chronometer at hand? You will also appreciate the need a sturdy tripod for your readings. Doesn't that mean there will be a lot of stuff for the everyday golfer to manage? Perhaps a separate carrying case for the caddy to tote?

But don't let my niggling get in the way of a brilliant idea. I see fame and fortune just around the corner. To think, I'll be able to say I knew you when...

I will pass on your kind offer to be your US agent. But thanks anyway. ;)

Bob

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:46:22 PM by BCrosby »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:35:36 PM »
Melvyn,

If cartballers start mounting these on their carts, and start using them to pick targets for the 5, 10, 15, and 20 yard fade, etc., then you are in the dog house for making them aware of them.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »
Garland

I think they are cooler than a range finder or GPS handset. Don't forget the great case they come in ;)

Woof Woof, Woof Woof Woof. :P :P :P

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back