News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Mowing Patterns and Play
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »
So here is an interesting question.  Do you think mowing patterns affect your play at all?  Sometimes if your looking at a fairway from a tee box deciding how the fairway slopes or especially if your trying to read greens and lets say the green is cut in a certain direction.  Do you think this mowing pattern effects your line of putting?

Dan Herrmann

Re: Mowing Patterns and Play
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »
Rick - I think the 'up and back' pattern we're using this year eliminates a lot of unneeded visual 'noise', and makes the architecture easier to discern than the old checkerboard pattern we formerly used.

I think mowing patterns on tees are more significant, though.  A lot of folks use a stripe as an alignment aid. Well, we don't have stipes anymore, so it's a little tougher on thoe folks that used to use them.

I've never actually noticed mowing patterns on greens.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:06:44 PM »
Rick:

I've often noticed when I am trying to line up a breaking putt that it appears that the walking greens mower was curving in the same direction when the mowing was performed, so that I am putting right down the line of cut.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »
I will tell you that putting on a recently aerated green (that's done well, so it putts well) is a joy.  You can pick out a spot clearly and just aim at it.  It's as easy as bowling.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back