News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

BCrosby

Re: One round in Athens, Georgia
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »
Kalen almost nails Long Shadow. Let me add a few things.

Like Fazio said on teevee once, bunkers say don't go here. So I didn't go there. I steered clear. And you know what?? There were more, bigger bunkers, mounds, creeks and all sorts of stuff I had to deal with trying to get to the greens. Sometimes Mike makes no sense if you ask me.

There were even some holes where you can't see the landing areas from the tee. Heck there are even some putting surfaces you can't see from the dad-gummed middle of the fairway. Did you hear me? I said, "middle of the fairway."

It's not fair. I hit some really good shots. And on some of them what was my reward? (Thanks for asking.) More trouble. I'm starting to think Mike has it in for me. Anybody else feel the same?

Plus (and this was the killer), there were no lacey-edged bunkers. Not a single one. Flashed faced bunkers? Zilch. Pretty water carries? Not much.

Was Mike even trying?  

Bob

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:18:07 PM by BCrosby »

Kalen Braley

Re: One round in Athens, Georgia
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »
Hell yes will buy dinner for anyone that will play my stuff.....
Mike
Joel,
I'm willing to throw in a money-back guarantee that you will love Long Shadow.  If you play it & don't like it, let me know & I'll send your green fee back to you.

That & dinner with Mike.....how could you resist?

John,

I forgot to tell you, completely slipped my mind.

I went out there this past weekend for a quick jaunt...and I must say it was just awful.  I don't know who this Mike Young guy thinks he is putting ODG architecure everywhere out there.  The undulating fairways and greens, the bunkers being placed right where I want to hit it, and being requred to think before just about every shot was too much!!  It was too much!!  It was horrid

P.S.  Please forward the check to Utah  ;D
I'll need to see a receipt. ;)

ummm....ummmm...ummm....my dog ate it!!!  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back