News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Stu Grant

Tiger Tees at The International Club
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
I recently had the chance to play The International Club (Pines Course) in Bolton, MA, where they have a set of Tiger Tees which stretch the course to 8,325 yards.  Par 73 from these tees (including a par-6), course rating 80.0 and slope 154. 

I am curious to know whether there are any other courses in the world that are comparable in length to this course?  At 8,325 this was WAY longer than anything I had ever heard of before.

Thanks

Tim Gavrich

Re: Tiger Tees at The International Club
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »
It's really a par 77.  There are a couple of excessively (even by today's standards) long par 4s--#6 at 530, #9 at 535, #12 at 567, and #15 is borderline at 487--so it's a little artificial.  It's still pretty dang long, but slightly deceiving.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

John_Conley

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:10:17 AM »
I am curious to know whether there are any other courses in the world that are comparable in length to this course?  At 8,325 this was WAY longer than anything I had ever heard of before.

Ross Bridge on the RTJ Trail is in the 8,100 area.  I haven't played it yet to see if it is all downhill.

Doug Wright

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:22:04 AM »
Antler Creek (Rick Phelps) in Falcon, Colorado at 8,058 yards. Of course plays much shorter at altitude.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Stu Grant

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »
I felt that the toughest holes at International Club were definitely the par-3's...I think the three longest were 277 yards, 270 yards and 255 yards, with a couple of them partially blind with hazards in front!  (not really a bail-out shot available)

I was trying to take a little bit off of my driver on these holes and ended up missing the green badly in each instance and making doubles and triples.  

The par-4s on the other hand were far more playable in my opinion.  Kind of a strange feeling though on the 567 yard par 4...I hit a 315 yard drive down the middle and still had 255 to try and get to the green in regulation!!

Andy Ryall

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »
I grew up in Shrewsbury - about 10 miles away and used to play the little 9-holer Twin Springs that abutts the Intl.  If my memory serves correct, Tom Watson holds/held the course record at 73, when he played out there in the early 1980s with those oversized persimmon woods.....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back