News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Rigg

Best GCA Magazines?
« on: October 25, 2008, 01:47:28 AM »
The recent threads discussing various Golf Magazine rankings caused me to ask a question that will get lost in the debate.

Are there any "great" GCA magazines out there?

Or is it just better to read through threads on the site and buy some of the great GCA books that have been discussed recently?

Eric Franzen

Re: Best GCA Magazines?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 02:32:56 AM »
Yes.

First of all I would definitely recommend Golf Architecture Magazine, which is published by The Society of Australian Golf Course Architects. I should probably warn you in advance though, since the mag frequently contains interesting and well written articles from various gca.com contributors.  ;D

More info on http://www.sagca.org.au/golf-course-magazine.php

Golf Course Architecture Magazine is also well worth checking out. But be prepared, this quarterly published British journal on GCA is also known to feature editorial content from people that are active on this board.

http://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/   

Sean_A

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 03:05:54 AM »
The recent threads discussing various Golf Magazine rankings caused me to ask a question that will get lost in the debate.

Are there any "great" GCA magazines out there?

Or is it just better to read through threads on the site and buy some of the great GCA books that have been discussed recently?

Rob

Eric is correct, the Australian produced GAM mag is second to none by quite a margin.  The Euro version isn't in the same class (much more space devoted to ads), but it is still relatively very good. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 07:38:27 AM »
I think the 2008 SAGCA annual journal, GOLF ARCHITECTURE, is currently being printed and should be availabe soon. Maybe Mike Clayton, who's handled some of the editing/production of the magazine this year, can provide a more accurate update.
jeffmingay.com

Bill Gayne

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:23 AM »
Brad Klein's coverage of architecture in GolfWeek is consistently the best and most comprehensive of all the widely circulated magazines.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back