News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

the 10th at TPC Sugarloaf
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »
Is this hole so difficult that Franklin Langham had this much trouble, or was he injured?

He got a 13 on his first hole, the 10th, was 21 over thru 17 and withdrew!

Bob

John Sheehan

Re: the 10th at TPC Sugarloaf
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »
Bob,
I've never played the course, only have seen it on TV.  Here is a link to a "flyover" view of the 10th hole.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/?/video/flyovers/pga-tour/2006/03/27/107027

It does look like the OB left and right is fairly close by.  It also appears as if the water left could lead to some strokes.

Robert Kimball

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
This is from today's AJC's ATT Notebook. . .

But both Norman and Duval had it better than Franklin Langham, who started out with a 13. Yep, a 13!

Langham, playing on a sponsor's exemption, hit his first four tee shots out of play to the left. He finally struck one sideways after taking a drop from the native brush, leaving him 340 yards from the pin while lying 9 on the par-5 hole.

Before the day was done, he had written down a triple bogey and three double bogeys, his score standing at 22 over when play was mercifully called with one hole to play.

Assuming he returns to finish his round Friday morning, Langham will post the highest score since the tournament moved to TPC Sugarloaf in 1997. A year ago, Michael Boyd opened with an 86. Langham has already taken 90 strokes.

Divots:@ Langham was among 35 players still on the course when play was called with darkness approaching. ...

I have seen that hole and the OB can get you on the left if you are battling a pull. Talk about a tough start!!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:58:49 PM by Rob_Kimball »

David Kelly

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 03:46:50 PM »
I think a career reassessment may be in order for F.L. at 40 years of age and with only 3 Top 25s in his last 35 PGA starts dating back to 2004
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back