News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Scott Weersing

Rustic Canyon- what I saw today
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
I got to play at Rustic Canyon on Friday morning, January 4, before the rains came in. I came all the way from Virginia Beach and I had to play it. It is still one of my favorites. I had a 7:10 am tee time and was the first off as a twosome. I know, I should have invited all of you.

The course is playing very firm. I think the course is more firm in the winter because they don't have to overwater it.

The best thing I saw was that they took down the fence behind the 11th green (oops I mean the 12th green). There used to be a very tall driving range fence about 50 yards behind the green. It makes the hole look much different. The pin today was on the far right of the green. I topped my three wood so I did not have a chance of driving the green.

They also put up a new fence along the 18th fairway that is only 25 feet tall, instead of 50 feet. I remember reading that one of criticisms was that the driving range was an eyesore. Now it is no longer an eyesore.

Why do you think they took down the fences? What other changes have you noticed at Rustic Canyon?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:47:53 AM by Scott Weersing »

David Stamm

Re:Rustic Canyon- what I saw today
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 12:16:37 AM »

The best thing I saw was that they took down the fence behind the 11th green. There used to be a very tall driving range fence about 50 yards behind the green. It makes the hole look much different.  

Scott, are you sure you don't mean the 12th?

And you're right, you should've told us you were playing! ;)
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 12:32:11 AM »
From the looks of the weather forecast, I just hope the golf course is still there after this next week or so.  Was it 3 years ago, so much damage was done when the rains came in after the fires?  This looks like a real doozy.  
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »

The best thing I saw was that they took down the fence behind the 11th green. There used to be a very tall driving range fence about 50 yards behind the green. It makes the hole look much different.  

Scott, are you sure you don't mean the 12th?

And you're right, you should've told us you were playing! ;)

Yeah, it is the 12th green. I was confused from the euphoria of playing such a great course.

TEPaul

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »
Scott:

Would you mind telling me what you think of that 12th hole at Rustic Canyon? Go into as much detail as you'd like.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back