News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Noel Volpe

Marthas Vineyard
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:35:04 PM »
sorry for the digression but does anyone have a point of view on good golf courses on the Vineyard?  a friend of mine is on his was and was hoping to get a round or two in.  thanks in advance.

;D

Michael Christensen

Re:Marthas Vineyard
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 05:50:26 PM »
Vineyard Club is the class of the island....a call from an established pro would be needed at a minimum...probably not too busy since the beautiful people have left from the summer

PThomas

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »
sorry for the digression but does anyone have a point of view on good golf courses on the Vineyard?  a friend of mine is on his was and was hoping to get a round or two in.  thanks in advance.

;D

very few!  Farm Neck is public, The Vineyard is private...maybe 1 or 2 more
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Randy Thompson

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »
Brian Silva did one around 25 years ago close to there with Cornish, the captains in Brewster, pretty good track.

Martin Del Vecchio

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 09:19:47 PM »
While Brewster is "close to" Martha's Vineyard, it's not on "the Vinyid", and would be very difficult to get to in a car.

Farm Neck is nice.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 09:50:23 PM »
Farm Neck is a very good course.  Although not terribly architecturally interesting, it is the "showcase" public track on the island.

Mink Meadows is a Wayne Stiles 9 with multiple tees for two times around.  There even is a hole with two green complexes for the two trips around.  It's undulating, fun, and reminds of Plymouth CC on the mainland.

The Vineyard Club is a very good Donald Steel course, but private.

Edgartown GC is a 9 holer that's over 100 years old.  It has a small membership, and is difficult to get on, harder probably than the difficult-to-get-on Vineyard Club.

Sorry Randy, but anything not on the Vineyard itself is not "near" the Vineyard.  The only think "near" the Vineyard is Chappaquiddick and dark-green cold H2O.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Ray Richard

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 07:05:42 AM »
I agree that Mink Meadows is great fun, its a good nine holer.

Farm Neck is entertaining with a laid back vibe.

Vineyard Club is the best on the Vineyard

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back