News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bryan Izatt

Fun and Games in The Bunker - A video Experience
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:04:38 AM »
As an experiment in getting video on this site, herewith a video of a bunker experience taken with an analogue camera, transferred to video tape, then burned to a DVD, then ripped with freeware to a .VOB file, then converted and trimmed to a .WMV (or is it a .FLV) file which hopefully you can view.

Sorry for the Evaluation Copy watermark on the video, but I had to try the ripping s/w before putting any money out.

For context, the video starts abruptly with a ball plugged in the bank of a bunker wall.  

And, yes I know that raking the bunker is a penalty while I'm still in it.

To keep this slightly on-topic.  Is this a bunker in the grand scale?  Is it fair or should a certain well known architect be admonished for creating such a punitive bunker?

And no, there's no prize for identifying The Bunker, the course or the Architect.

Have fun.

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/350dtm/?action=view&current=TheBunker.flv

Brian Phillips

Re:Fun and Games in The Bunker - A video Experience
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:32:17 AM »
Bryan,

I watched your video and chuckled at the same time..

I am going to be honest here...if you are daft enough to think that you are a good enough player to try to play over the top of that bunker then it is entirely your fault for thinking that....as the video shows you are certainly not... ;)

If you had played your first shot correctly then you would have gotten out, if you had played sideways with your second shot you would have been released of your captivity but you didn't.

You should have accepted the punishment but you didn't so, no, I have no sympathy for you at all.

It is a good bunker.

Sorry... ;D
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
I know, I know.  But the challenge was there, and the course management brain was turned off (frozen, wet and blown away).   ;)  And then I would have missed the sense of accomplishment of making a shot that the course guide said wasn't possible.   ;D

Kalen Braley

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 02:38:35 PM »
Bryan,

That is a nasty bunker and I'm sure for anyone who has ever played that hole, they remember it vividly.

The crazy thing is, that bunker is really much bigger and more intimidating in real life than it is on that video.  It was sure fun watching you try to get out of it though in the direction of the green.  Other than the bunker on 13, I can't remember a worse bunker to be in on the course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back