News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

redanman

Re:Lakota Canyon Course Review
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 02:24:58 PM »
Here's a tip, guys - The intermountain region of the USA is

BIG!,  but very sparsely populated.

and although states may be neighboring, they may be the distance from Boston to Washington, D.C.

There's always the Greyhound Bus AND you can sleep instead of driving.

That's two tips, actually.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 07:05:01 PM »
Driving between the western slope and New Mexico is one of the most beautiful drives one can make. The 550 through Ouray and then down into Nm is breath taking.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Andy Troeger

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »
Adam,
I will second that, I came home that way. For as much as I wanted to get home, I started getting out of the car taking pictures of that too!  ;D

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 09:11:40 PM »
Hey Cary, it it still top 10?

Bill:

It is in my top 25, along with 24 others. Courses I could play everyday for the rest of my life.

My list has grown as I have now played pretty much everything and there is so much to like, so much fun to have.

Cary
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jim Nugent

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2007, 02:07:24 AM »
Hey Cary, it it still top 10?

Bill:

It is in my top 25, along with 24 others. Courses I could play everyday for the rest of my life.

My list has grown as I have now played pretty much everything and there is so much to like, so much fun to have.

Cary

Cary, I again hope you will post your top 25 list, of courses you have played.  With or without commentary, however you like.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2007, 01:07:29 PM »
Cary,
Is this the one? http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=18744;start=msg332478#msg332478

Just looking at the pictures of Lakota Canyon vs Redlands Mesa I am more apt to like the latter. Why? Less fear of ambush. When one is in the open they tend to be more relaxed, less anxious. Is it just my latent cro-magnonism?

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »
Cary,
Is this the one? http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=18744;start=msg332478#msg332478

Just looking at the pictures of Lakota Canyon vs Redlands Mesa I am more apt to like the latter. Why? Less fear of ambush. When one is in the open they tend to be more relaxed, less anxious. Is it just my latent cro-magnonism?

Pete:

Yes, that's the one.

Redlands is more wide open, so you can spray it some. Lakota is pretty generous off the tee but has some demanding drives. My wife likes RM better.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back