News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lloyd_Cole

O/T Fight Cancer and (maybe) Win a Slighter Putter
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:11:45 PM »
Tom Slighter and Travel and Leisure Golf are auctioning a custom Tacoma putter that he made for the TLG article about him. All the money raised is going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Tickets are $25.
http://www.slightergolf.com/

james soper

Re:O/T Fight Cancer and (maybe) Win a Slighter Putter
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:43:51 AM »
lloyd, a great opportunity to help out such a worthy cause. thanks for the heads up.

redanman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 01:26:19 PM »
Tell me why I want a Slighter Putter.

Mike Benham

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »

Nope, I'm not going to tell you unless you ask "please" ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

David_Elvins

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:26:50 PM »
Interesting web site.  Is anyone able to give a ball park figure as to the cost of one of these custom putters.  Are we talking 4 figures?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:27:34 PM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »
Interesting web site.  Is anyone able to give a ball park figure as to the cost of one of these custom putters.  Are we talking 4 figures?

David - They make a really quality custom putter.  From what I've seen the costs are generally about double a Cameron off the shelf but price depends much on custom paint, shape and add ons like sightlines, name etc. Certainly less then 4 figures.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:08:02 PM »

They're so beautiful you won't want to putt too many times, thereby reducing both your score and repetitive-stress injuries.

Or would that put you out of business?

RichMacafee

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 09:11:25 PM »

Generally between $300-$400US depending on the level of customization David.

Very good putters.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:12:41 PM by RichMacafee »
"The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf. It's almost law" H.G.Wells.

redanman

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:46:54 PM »
Thanks, fellas.  Don't need one.  I can putt lights out with a 2x4.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 08:20:45 AM »
Thanks, fellas.  Don't need one.  I can putt lights out with a 2x4.

It is possible that you have missed the point.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

redanman

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 08:42:09 AM »
No I haven't missed the point, I am very involved with Cancer and a lifelong supporter of women's issues and diseases. I'd never heard of Slighter before.

I was asking about what seems like a ridiculous putter, an I, me, mine sort of thing. No one gave me any useful information. No one told me of personal experience. Therefore this seems a crude method to advertise an upper end putter company to sell more putters, I think that kind of shilling is sad. Travel & Leisure readers are an interesting demographic, that's all I'll say.

SO I'LL GET ON MY SOAPBOX

There are many ways to support cancer causes and it is best to give directly to specific organizations.  

Fund raising groups (e.g. March of Dimes - help crippled children, right?) take up to 89% of collected monies for "Administrative Costs".  The Shriners provide FREE .... FREE extremely complicated life improving Orthopedic surgeries for crippled children (That you cannot get from your local "Greatest Orthopedic Surgeon" in your town), like the semi trailer signs that say "Know a crippled child - tell a Shriner".

Then there is Ronald McDonald House, if any of you bothered to watch the LPGA last week, they are a very worthy, generous and economically well-run organization.

If you want to give, give effectively.  If you want a putter, buy one.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:43:24 AM by W.Vostinak »

Brad Swanson

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »
First, JakaB's 2-sheets to the wind incoherant rant, followed by the MVP (most valuable poster) self-congratulatory circle jerk post, and now Redanman quoting Journey in his sig line (my favorite tune of theirs BTW).  Friday is getting off to an interesting start here on GCA.

Cheers,
Brad
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:36:33 AM by Brad Swanson »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back