News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re:The Tradition I would like to see
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
According to the C&C website, they will start building The Tribute in 2008 in Bend. So you see Tony could have called me out on it as well as on Wicked Pony.

I didn't know Sunriver had updated its other courses. That would give a couple of other venues without having other top designers come to the area and build courses.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 12:21:15 PM »
Thanks Garland.....you didn't anything about The Tribute, so I couldn't "call you out" on that....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 12:22:54 PM by Anthony_Nysse »
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Garland Bayley

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 12:53:59 PM »
How about some older courses - Portland GC, Waverley, Eugene - style?

The thing I noted, was that "The Tradition" has always been played on modern courses. That is why I suggested modern courses by modern designers. If we add the RTJ II at Sunriver, then we don't need to add Eugene (which I believe is a RTJ/RTJ II course) as a modern design.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
I was vaguely aware that David McLay Kidd was doing a course in the area. Now I know the revised name. So we can add Tetherow to the Tradition rota.

Another that could be added to the rota would be the course (don't know name) by Arnold at the Thornburgh Resort where C&C's Tribute is being done.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 12:48:22 PM »

According to Tom Doak, Wicked Pony will use "the basic concept for Pine Valley in New Jersey."

http://www.remingtonranch.com/pdf/Tom_Doak_Answers.pdf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back