News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re:Winged Foot: Graveyard of Champions
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 04:17:04 PM »

JK...No, none of the links make me money. Notice there's no ads on my site either.  There are ads on GO, but I dont get any money by the hit or link or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I like GolfObserver and probably have hit your article 15 times today.  So, now you are saying that you are paid by GolfObserver for your work...That's great...because I could make no sense of it all.

I would have to think that GolfObserver knows how many times each writer's article is hit and compensation would duly follow...but I could be wrong.  If you don't get more money at least you got top billing...congrats.

oops...Looks like Bob Casper has top billing behind the publisher...but at least I hit your article again to find out.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 04:20:21 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Jay Flemma

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 04:20:13 PM »
I dont get paid by the hit.  I would surprised if anyone does.  ask shackelford, he would know more.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 04:26:53 PM »
I dont get paid by the hit.  I would surprised if anyone does.  ask shackelford, he would know more.

The thing that disappoints me about Shackelford's article at GolfObserver is that there are no links to his excellent site..but you have links to yours..not that yours is not excellent as well.

I don't think Ted Danson is paid by the viewer either...but I'm guessing ratings help him get his next gig.  Everyone should be paid like Ted Danson..

note to self:  Jay is an entertainment lawyer and doesn't need me to tell him that popularity pays..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 04:30:35 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Dan Boerger

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »
Jay - You're thinking of Politeri Joe's (sp?)! Great place. I used to go to Symeon's when it was near the Parkway. Heading up in a few weeks and the kids love the Hemstrough's half moons. If you are ever in Philly and in emergency need of a game of golf drop be a private email. Best - Dan
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Jay Flemma

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »
I'm thinking of the Joe's where you have to get your own silverware and they yell at you!

I got my pastries from Florentine, but hemstruaghts works too.  I love symeons!  great souvlaki!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back