News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Ed Morrissett

Help! Looking for an Article
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »
Within the last 2 or 3 months I have seen an article in one of the golf magazines (and I take them all) which showed a picture in color of distance lost when hitting a driver off-center.  For example, if you hit it in the heel bad you might lose 40 yards or 40% of your distance I don't remember which.  I have gone through all my back copies and can't find it.  If anyone remembers the article and can point me to it, I would appreciate it very much.

TEPaul

Re:Help! Looking for an Article
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 03:17:23 PM »
Ed:

I believe there was a thread on here about that very article. I think Pat Mucci started it. Seems like it was in the last 2-3 weeks.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »
Ed,

Can't help on the article, but recently, since the purchase of a 460 CC driver, I think I have made a few swings where it would have been a complete whiff with say, a 365 CC driver.......Its like my old teacher said about my golf swing -"You moved everything but your bowels on that one......"

Of course, what should I have expected from a pro advertising in the paper "Take lessons from me and play golf like you've never played golf before....."
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 04:17:07 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Ed Morrissett

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 05:13:14 PM »
Tom,

Thanks for the response.  I checked all of Pat's threads back to May 24 and didn't find anything.  Thanks just the same

Ed

Ed Morrissett

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 05:21:36 PM »
Jim,

I appreciate the reference.  I printed up the article and read it with great interest.  I don't think it is the one. A lot of the information contained in it is similiar to what I saw but the illustration is not the same and it was written in June 2001.  I suppose this means that the article I read was not in Golf Digest which helps me narrow the possibilities.  Thanks again.

Ed

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back