News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Dugger

Bandon Trails images from Nov.
« on: February 15, 2006, 01:15:49 PM »
I tried posting these a while back but didn't have enough server space to do so properly.  

It was a very rainy day so the quality is just ok on some images.  

Enjoy

1st tee

1st green

dunesland to the right of #2 tee

#2 tee

#2 gree from short and left

#3 tee

#4 tee

#5 tee

#7 tee

#8 green from about 1/2 down the fairway

#11 tee

waste bunker to the right of #11 fairway

#13 looking in

My buddy Pat stuck in that hellish bunker on #13

#14 from tee

#14 green from about halfway down the hill upon which the tee sits

#15 looking in

#15 green again

wide view of #4 (to the left) and #16 (to the right)

#17 tee

Up the hill to the final green

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:38:44 PM by Michael Dugger »
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Craig Sweet

Re:Bandon Trails images from Nov.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »
Awesome!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 01:23:02 PM »
Cool!

Gotta love the one guy in shorts (picture of #13) while everyone else is bundled up.

;D

Scott Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »
I haven't played BT yet, but some of these pics remind me of Sunningdale. The cool old school bunkering, topography and the trees. I remember on the New course there are trees that were planted, or it looked that way, and I am sure there weren't any planted here.
It looks awesome. Thanks for them.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »
Michael, thanks, very nice.  Somehow the weather makes it seem even more 'authentic Scottish Links' than a nice sunny day would.
The one characteristic that always jumps out at me is the bunkers--they always look so old.

So, any chance you wish to go back and label each pic i.e. #5, 450 yard dogleg right par 4 (I know, I know, beggars and choosers and all that)?
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Michael Dugger

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 01:32:44 PM »
Cool!

Gotta love the one guy in shorts (picture of #13) while everyone else is bundled up.

;D

Huck,

That guy is Chris Joseph and he will wear shorts no matter what the weather.  What you cannot see is the ridiculously sweat ringed Red Sox cap he wears.  I am sure the upper crust dislikes the backwards ball cap and all but the guy plays to a six, plays quick and organizes all of our trips so who is to complain!?!?

This is his backswing? ::)  Eat your heart out John Daly

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 02:29:45 AM by Michael Dugger »
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 01:35:33 PM »
WHOA!

Good lord, Daly is nothing compared to Chris Joseph - forget past parallel, he gets past perpindicular!

Love it.

;D

Andy Hughes

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 01:40:06 PM »
Wait a sec, are you sure that isn't a lefty who has finished his swing?? :o
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:40:17 PM by Andy Hughes »
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Michael Dugger

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 01:40:49 PM »
WHOA!

Good lord, Daly is nothing compared to Chris Joseph - forget past parallel, he gets past perpindicular!

Love it.

;D

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous, he tells us that from time to time he touches his calf with the head of his club on the backswing.

Amazing he gets the clubface back around to a square position.  It blows me away  

Dave Bourgeois

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 01:53:15 PM »
Wow.  

That looks like another planet to me, and it looks like Chris is a resident of that planet.  This would be the planet of the rugged bunkers and the people of the Perpendicular Backswings. ;D

I have to play there.

Chris Pike

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 03:51:15 PM »
Right Click - ...Set As Background   ;D  Thanks for the great pics!
"Golf is a game in which you yell Fore, shoot six and write down five."  -Paul Harvey

Mickey Boland

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 04:02:09 PM »
That swing makes MY back hurt! :o

Great pics.  Never having played BT, and hearing all about the 14th hole, that gave me a better idea of what people are talking about.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 04:03:47 PM by Mickey Boland »

Mark Arata

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 04:13:39 PM »
Time to call the travel agent again.......god I wish I lived closer to Bandon. Actually, I wish I won the lottery and could just move to Bandon......

I guess playing the Kings Putter there would be out of the question cost wise eh?
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »
I guess playing the Kings Putter there would be out of the question cost wise eh?

Mark - that idea has been floated before, and it remains a good one.  TKP has traditionally been a budget-conscious event, but there's no reason we can't splurge at least once.  The problem is that to get group tee-times and lodging anytime other than winter you have to reserve (and pay deposits) over a year in advance... and it's just very tough to get that done with a group as diverse as this one.  As a seminannual organizer of this, I know I don't want to hassle people for money for an event 15 months in advance... nor keep after people for that long.

But we shall see.  TKP-VI will be a NorCal production - traditionally we've alternated years between south and north - and maybe we'll get this together.  It just does seem to me like a LOT of work and hassle for a place most of us are going to get to anyway....

Now back to Michael's awesome pics.

;D

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 05:21:58 PM »

Michael,

Tell Chris that the real problem with his swing is that the clubhead obscures the ball on his backswing.

In his case, not once, but twice.

However, he's lucky, the cure is simple.

Tell him to wear his cap with the bill forward, as he's supposed to, and that by doing so, the shaft of the club will be impeded by the bill, thus preventing the club from rotating further and obscuring the ball on both his backswing and forward swing.

This immediate cure is guaranteed to work.
He'll then thank you for improving his game and his appearance.

P.S.  Nice pictures and the fog adds a UK feel to them.
[/color]

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 05:24:11 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back