News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Moore

Re:Tree Work at Rolling Green Golf Club (lots of pictures)
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2006, 09:22:17 PM »
While surfing from the Golf Channel to ESPN to watch a certain undefeated Big Ten basketabll team from the college I attended  lose last night, I saw the  TV movie "A Gentleman's Game", for a minute or two.  I was surprised that I seemed to recgonize the actor Dylan Baker playing two holes I saw posted in this thread;  #15 and 16.  Am I correct that this TV movie shot at Rolling Green?  Regardless the holes posted in this thread look terrific.  
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

mike_malone

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2006, 09:48:16 PM »
Dan,

The father is choosing between a 4 or 5 iron, I think. He is on the forward tee of #16--120 yards from the green. That was funny.
   We regrassed soon after the movie was made. #15 green was painted for the movie.
AKA Mayday

Dan Moore

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006, 10:46:59 PM »
Judging by his swing maybe 6 was ok.  And I think 15 came after 16 in the movie :o

"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Andy Scanlon

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2006, 08:14:16 AM »
Dan:

The play appeared to start on 1 and end on 18, other than that, it was pretty much all over the place in regards to the order of holes played (not to mention the story line ;D)!

P.S.  Did you know Mayday starred in that movie?
All architects will be a lot more comfortable when the powers that be in golf finally solve the ball problem. If the distance to be gotten with the ball continues to increase, it will be necessary to go to 7,500 and even 8000 yard courses.  
- William Flynn, golf architect, 1927

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back