News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Re:Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club - NM Enchantment Tour
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 05:06:51 PM »
Bette and I played it once about 2 years ago, and really thought it was an excellent course.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

astavrides

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
great course.  i walked it, but it wasnt easy.  

RJ_Daley

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »
Well, it certainly has about the best presentation of the "upholstered bunker lips" that I have seen.  The new nine looks even better than the original 18 photos.  Their Super and staff appear to be some very talented turf groomers.  I am anxious to hear from our old friend "Puffy Wilson" on this matter... ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 10:20:35 PM »
Rob is the super there, and he knows how to grow the grass, under pretty extreme conditions. He also built the new nine from Ken's plans. As I told him, the only criticism I was capabla of making, regarding the new nine, was the shape of the first par 3 green. It was too similar, in shape, to the next one shotter, Postage Stamp. Otherwse, the nine is extremely fun and challnging.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005, 10:42:22 PM »
Adam, I think we ought to call "Puffy" up back there in PA and wake him up to get on here and tell us what he thinks.  After the abuse those Pennsylvanians did to us cheeseheads this weekend, I gotta get back at him somehow! ;) :P ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

George Pazin

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2005, 10:33:58 AM »
Wow, that is some fine looking ground contouring.  It looks like a blast to play.   But I assume it is not walkable, correct?

Actually, the only thinig I didn't particularly care for was the ground contouring, or, more accurately, what seemed to be a lack of ground contouring. The fairways seemed too smoothed out to me. But I'm no expert, I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express, so maybe I just missed it.

As for the walk, it was invigorating! I certainly wouldn't call it unwalkable. Ran, Mike Nuzzo, Paul Hermsmeyer and I did it without too much trouble. I don't think I'd want to walk 36, but 18 wasn't as bad as you'd think.

Just for you, Dick:

Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

RJ_Daley

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2005, 10:41:48 AM »
ouch... that hurts! ::) ;D

Well then, an invigorating walk it is.  I can keep up with that old goat Hermsmeyer for 18 anywhere... ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back