News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Verbosity
« on: February 04, 2005, 03:09:37 PM »
I've been away for 5 days.  The last post I saw before I left is now on Page 6.  Nuff said.

Mike_Cirba

Re:Verbosity
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 04:14:28 PM »
Mark,

It was all Tom Paul's fault.  

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 04:16:28 PM »
"Verbosity"

That's way too big a work to use here on CGA
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

THuckaby2

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 04:18:18 PM »
Would you prefer there were a paucity* of new posts?

TH

* not a big word, but certainly a 25cent word.  ;D

TEPaul

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 04:22:42 PM »
Verbosity? VERBOSITY???

Mark Rowlinson, don't you go using fancy $10 words on here with me---I don't like it at all! Whatever the hell verbosity means it sounds to me like it has plenty of elastic in it!

John_Cullum

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 04:51:14 PM »
Verbosity?

Whatever the hell verbosity means it sounds to me like it has plenty of elastic in it!

Classic-from the Verbosity poster child.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 03:08:19 PM »
Geez, there has apparently been so much banter back and forth lately, it seems like if a fellow misses a day or two, you can't figure out what is going on in the tree house.  I have been down with the flu and have not even been "interested" in posting much (nor eating if you can believe that! ::) :P)   When I have a few minutes and try to catch up, there is so much to wade through, it hasn't even been compelling to spend the time to try and catch up.  Now, which Geoff are you guys talking about who quit, and what was banned now?  Could someone IM me to catch me up on the latest tree house group therapy so I know where-in I might be stepping on the next big controversial subject... ::) ;D 8) :-\
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 03:22:56 PM »
I think we may have been Verbositizied in the last few days!

How is that for a word extention?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 07:39:51 AM »
Ah, Red man, it must be snowing in Allentown.  I'm in Gulf Shores where if it were one degree colder it would probably also be snowing.  No matter I've off to see Kiva Dunes when the sun comes up.

J

THuckaby2

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 09:10:54 AM »
Would you prefer there were a paucity of new posts?

I thought that he was suggesting that there had been a plethora of posts, not a paucity.  

A paucity of content perhaps, but a plethora of posts not including the Ban the Barney thread now lost, perhaps lamentably  irrevocably.

He was indeed suggesting there was a plethora of posts; my poignant point was that it seems one would prefer a plethora to a paucity, perhaps?

There's a far better chance of finding something interesting in the plethora than the paucity.

;)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 09:11:28 AM by Tom Huckaby »

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 09:42:44 AM »
Yes, but:
Does the Vessel with the Pestle hold the Pellet with the Poison or does the Chalice from the Palace hold the Brew that is True?

Hmm? ;)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back