News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas_Brown

Jupiter, FL
« on: July 10, 2004, 12:34:52 PM »
Jupiter Island Club vs. Jupiter Hills Club

I might have a trip coming up in Sept., and I'm starting early.
I was reading that Jupiter Hills was one the earlier redesigns from George & Tom Fazio.  Jupiter Island Club looks to be the more exclusive club, but not much architecturally?
Do I have these clubs backwards?

Are the private initiations and dues really as high as I've been told in this part of Florida?

rgkeller

Re:Jupiter, FL
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 03:00:59 PM »
You have them correctly pegged.

And, yes, the cost of golf in the Palm Beach area borders on the ridiculous.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 03:43:24 PM »
Jupiter Hills has 2 course, most like the Hills course, but some prefer the village course. The rated course is the Hills course.

I recommend you play the Hills course.

Also recommended in this area are:

The Bear Club
McArthur
The Ritz
Admirals Cove
Dye Preserve

Other courses are:

Loblolly Pines
Old Palm-may be finished by Sept?-Floyd
Medialist-very hard-Norman
Old Marsh-Dye
Locahatee-Nicklaus
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

pdrake

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 10:53:31 PM »
Both are very exclusive and have very limited outside play.....you must know a member to even have a chance at playing........a call from your pro will hold no water

I would try Old Marsh or Loblolly.....they are both very playable tracks

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 11:19:45 PM »
nice list Cary.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

James Edwards

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 01:14:10 PM »
I forget which course at Jupiter Hills it is on - the 'better' one but the par 3 9th is scary good.  All carry over the sandy waste areas, slightly uphill adjacent to the clubhouse all carry over a frontal left hand side bunker with steep drop off on all sides especially at the back playing 200 yards+ off the backs to a shallow green!  Yes it sounds impossible, but the hole just about gets away with it with its magnificent aesthetics.

Just a memorable hole and one of my favourite par 3's.
@EDI__ADI

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 03:19:57 PM »
James:

You are too modest. It is a great golf hole and it is not slightly uphill, it is very uphill and one of the best par 3's I have played.

Everytime I have played Jupiter Hills, I still get a thrill of teeing up on that hole.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 03:54:36 PM »
I don't think Jupiter Hills is open in September?

Also in the area, which Cary forgot is a little course called Seminole.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »
Joel,

I believe, in the on site medal play qualifying rounds for the US Amateur, that the scores on the Village course were higher then on the Hills course.

The Village course, from the back tees, is a challenge.

James Edwards

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 07:37:16 PM »
Cary,

Yes, I have just looked at the pictures on the lap top and I suppose it is more than just slightly uphill...  Great hole!
@EDI__ADI

Top100Guru

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2004, 08:33:11 PM »
Jupiter Island club is a "fun course" to play, but the "real fun at Jupiter Island Club lies in the "posh" beachside-cottages and the "gourmet" food.....would rather stay at J.I.C. for a week and take a one day trip to J.H. to play 36......and I have!!!!!

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 08:54:42 PM »
Joel:

Beat me 1/2 to death, how could I forget Seminole? Getting a bit senile :P

James Edwards

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 08:10:58 AM »
Cary / All,

I also enjoyed the Cape hole at JH?  What do you think of that hole?  
@EDI__ADI

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back