News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gib_Papazian

Re:Ron Whitten on Rustic Canyon
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2004, 03:56:13 PM »
I did not realize I was being "presumptuous."

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 06:31:59 PM »
I did not realize I was being "presumptuous."

Of course you weren't! You never are! You are the Man!

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2004, 01:58:03 AM »
Tommy,

Well, coming from Ron, it did seem strange, given the fact that in the act of rating a golf course, one is trained to evaluate its strong points as well as flaws.

How one might *improve* Rustic Canyon was not meant as a criique; only a way to identify what little tweaks might make it even greater.

With the exception of his hubris-inflated nephew Peter Grace, even the great C.B. solicited the opinions on how NGLA might be improved. He continued to tweak it until his death - similar to Ross at Pinehurst #2.

I cannot think of a more learned crowd from which these brilliant designers might draw some inspiration. Golf courses evolve and we are lucky that all three of these men are so young.

They are also lucky that a group of passionate loonies have taken a special interest in what would otherwise be an unknown course, stuck in a remote corner of a Southern California neighborhood.

Simi Valley ain't Southampton . . . . if you know what I mean. ;)

I started another thread about Augusta on the same subject. I doubt Ron will take as much interest . . . . .  

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 03:51:08 AM »
So well spoken once again.

Although Ron did do his bit on Augusta, remember? It happened a few years ago in Golf Digest when he showed the world how he would change the course. It was abhorrid and (Hurrumppphhh!) to me that was much more presumptious!

Also, you'll be glad to know that many of the critiques of Rustic Canyon were taken to heart, and I think they are trying to be implimented.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back