News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Re: Cabot Saint Lucia
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2021, 09:00:09 PM »
I don’t think $60 million is a record, for St Lucia for sure but in general? No.

Project here in Cabo has recorded $200 million since February and that’s likely not a record for Cabo over such a span of time.

Wow -- I guess i misunderestimated the $ in property/golf development
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Tom_Doak

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2021, 07:58:49 AM »
You're probably underestimating the expenses involved, too!

Buck Wolter

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2021, 05:28:14 PM »
You're probably underestimating the expenses involved, too!

I have no clue what the expenses are -- I assume the purchase price was large and in the Caribbean everything has to cost 2X? I read they paid off a $30M loan early -- that seems like a good sign for the development.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2021, 05:59:47 PM »
Good thing they didn't pick the next big island to the south (St. Vincents) with its very active volcano La Soufriere.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2021, 10:12:47 AM »
Bill and Ben channeling OTM's "When the good Lord made this land he had gowf on his mind"

https://twitter.com/CabotSaintLucia/status/1433429663410364424?s=20

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2022, 07:39:06 PM »
An unrolled Twitter thread on the making of Cabot St Lucia by Derek Duncan

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1484969867056926723.html

Rick Sides

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2022, 08:33:45 AM »
Buck , what property in Cabo is that ?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2022, 11:13:27 AM »
oops!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 05:08:40 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jeff Schley

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2022, 02:28:35 PM »
Wow this place looks spectacular. Pretty easy to make golf look good there. Will be a highlight of anyone's career to enjoy that location for a weekend or week. Beautiful and should be easy to bring the significant other for them to enjoy as well.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2024, 10:47:28 AM »
Point Hardy Golf Club at Cabot Saint Lucia...After all the hype, anticipation and pandemic-related delays, the Point Hardy Golf Club at Cabot St. Lucia opened on Dec. 7.
Designed by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw for The Cabot Collection, a Toronto-based developer and operator of luxury resort and residential golf destinations, Point Hardy is the centerpiece of Cabot St. Lucia, a 375-acre golf and residential estate that occupies one-and-a-half miles of coastline overlooking the Caribbean Sea on the northern tip of St. Lucia.
“When I first saw the land that would become Cabot Saint Lucia, I knew it was the perfect canvas to create something truly awe-inspiring," said Ben Cowan-Dewar, CEO and co-founder of Cabot. "Opening Cabot Saint Lucia and Point Hardy Golf Club has been a dream come true."
After all the hype, anticipation and pandemic-related delays, the Point Hardy Golf Club at Cabot St. Lucia opened on Dec. 7.
Designed by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw for The Cabot Collection, a Toronto-based developer and operator of luxury resort and residential golf destinations, Point Hardy is the centerpiece of Cabot St. Lucia, a 375-acre golf and residential estate that occupies one-and-a-half miles of coastline overlooking the Caribbean Sea on the northern tip of St. Lucia.
“When I first saw the land that would become Cabot Saint Lucia, I knew it was the perfect canvas to create something truly awe-inspiring," said Ben Cowan-Dewar, CEO and co-founder of Cabot. "Opening Cabot Saint Lucia and Point Hardy Golf Club has been a dream come true."
Perched above the Atlantic Ocean and designed to blend seamlessly with the unique topography of the Saint Lucian landscape, Point Hardy is the crown jewel of the site. Coore's and Crenshaw’s first Caribbean course winds through lush terrain, over rocky cliffs jutting into the ocean and along meandering valleys and sandy beaches.
With nine holes (six through nine and 14 through 18) playing along the ocean and every hole showcasing mesmerizing views, the 6,650-yard, par-71 course capitalizes on natural beauty and playability at every turn. The four-hole closing stretch at Point Hardy features forced carries, jagged rocks and crashing waves. Those holes include the 307-yard, par-4 15th; the 156-yard, par-3 16th; the 187-yard, par-3 17th; and the 502-yard, par-5 18th.
"It’s very possible that Cabot Saint Lucia is the most visually stunning piece of land we have ever worked with," said Coore, co-principal of Coore & Crenshaw. "It was a privilege to work with the Cabot team on this one-of-a-kind site, and I’m incredibly proud of what we’ve accomplished. This project was truly a labor of love."
https://www.firstcallgolf.com/design-notes/feature/2024-02-22/coore-crenshaws-spectacular-point-hardy-at-cabot-st-lucia-opens
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2024, 12:41:42 PM »
I visited in January and played four rounds at Cabot St Lucia.  I am working on a course overview which I will post in a new thread.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back