News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Commander-in-Chief's Cup
« on: April 13, 2023, 11:03:07 AM »
Air Force, Army, Navy are set to renew rivalries and build a legacy event, April 17-18 at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in Gainesville, Virginia
The inaugural, reimagined version of the golf tournament, to be played at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in Gainesville, Virginia, April 17-18, will feature three U.S. Department of Defense academies — Military, Naval and Air Force — as they will lock horns over 54 holes for bragging rights as the holder of a newly minted Commander-in-Chief's Cup.

All because a golf advocate had been watching the annual December Army-Navy football game several years ago.As Jeff Renzulli absorbed the contest, a revelation struck him like a lightning bolt during the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy presentation.

Read more:]https://www.firstcallgolf.com/features/feature/2023-04-11/what-if-leads-to-inaugural-commander-in-chiefs-cup[
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 02:12:55 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tim Leahy

Re: Commander-in-Chief's Cup
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 10:42:39 PM »
I can remember getting paired with a cadet from the Airforce Academy at a college tourny in Santa Barbara, CA in the 80's. He was going to be a jet pilot when he graduated and was just what you thought the all-American fighter pilot would look like. Chiseled like Tank McNamara and his name was stenciled on his blue and white bag, I kid you not, BART STONEROCK.  8)
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Kevin_Reilly

Re: Commander-in-Chief's Cup
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 01:04:33 AM »
My son is an E-Dog, but I will say Go Navy anyway!
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back